Harmony Baptist Church was founded in August of 1973 by Pastor Lee Ingram and a few families in Arlington. They originally met in "Oddfellows Hall", but later moved to the current location at 1814 W. Arkansas Lane. Through a bond program of $65,000 and the hard work of the people, property was purchased. A sanctuary was built, which they first occupied on Easter Sunday of 1975.
In the latter part of 1975, Leon Sanders was called as the next pastor. In 1979, Harmony's continued growth resulted in an expansion project with an adjacent building, adding classrooms and office space. Finally, in 1985, the current sanctuary was built.
In 1987, Frank Liedkie was called as Harmony's pastor where he served for almost 20 years. The church under his leadership, continued a process of spiritual growth and increased resources. As God continued to bless Harmony, the building mortgage was paid off and Harmony became debt free.
In the summer of 2006, Brian Grey was called as the pastor of Harmony Baptist. God has blessed Harmony the past few years with major renovations and improvements inside and out.
Besides the material blessings, the strength of Harmony Baptist Church has always been it's people. It is a tightly knit fabric of Christ-honoring families who have enabled Harmony to be a light in the community, inspiring countless others to follow Christ!